Jaypirca tablets are taken once daily, with or without food, so you can treat your mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) at home
Take Jaypirca exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
Your healthcare provider may tell you to decrease your dose, temporarily stop, or completely stop taking Jaypirca if you develop side effects. Do not change your dose or stop taking Jaypirca without talking to your healthcare provider first.
Take Jaypirca tablets 1 time each day, at about the same time each day.
Take Jaypirca with or without food. Swallow Jaypirca tablets whole with water. Do not cut, crush, or chew the tablets.
If you miss a dose of Jaypirca, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. If it has been more than 12 hours, skip the missed dose and take your next dose on the next day at your usual time.
Understanding the possible side effects of Jaypirca
Jaypirca can cause serious side effects, including:
- Bleeding problems (hemorrhage)
- Decrease in blood counts (white blood cells, platelets, and red blood cells)
- Heart rhythm problems (atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter)
- Second primary cancers
The most common side effects of Jaypirca include:
- Muscle, joint, and bone pain
- Shortness of breath
These are not all the possible side effects of Jaypirca. See Safety Summary below for more information.
If you experience side effects while on treatment, it's important to talk to your doctor.
9 out of 10 people with MCL kept taking Jaypirca without needing to stop treatment due to side effects
In a clinical trial:
- 9% of people with MCL (12 out of 128) stopped taking Jaypirca permanently due to side effects
- Side effects that caused more than 1% of patients to permanently stop taking Jaypirca included pneumonia